RE: [DNS] Place Names

From: Josh Rowe <josh§email.nu>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 19:10:07 +1000
auDA Board Minutes - 22 November 2004
http://www.auda.org.au/minutes/minutes-22112004

" ...

Commercial Geographic Domain Names

The board approved the plan for the release of the commercial geographic
domain names.  Elements of the plan include a "lottery" type release whereby
one winner would be randomly selected from all applications received for a
particular geographic name.

Supply class directors suggested there may be an alternative method with
greater registrar involvement and agreed to provide a proposal by 15 January
2005 for consideration by the Board.

... "

auDA Board Meeting - 14 February 2005
http://www.auda.org.au/minutes/minutes-14022005

" ...

Geographic names in com.au and net.au

A proposal for the release of the names has been sent to registrars for
feedback.  The registry is developing the necessary software which will be
available for testing in March.

... "

The next auDA board meeting is on April 15th.

Josh
--
http://josh.id.au/