Re: [DNS] WGIG Report

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 2005 03:29:21 +0800
Quoting Ian Smith on Saturday July 16, 2005:

| Also on the technical front of decentralising the DNS root:
|   US govt interference <i>is</i> a big deal, says Europe
|   http://www.theregister.co.uk/2005/07/11/centr_root/

I think these kind of big pronouncements probably need to be taken
with some salt, perhaps a cupful when it is in The Register. There is
usually ongoing talk and speculation about how the root could be managed
differently. Such talk just gains a bit more currency when it can be
contrasted against US government policy.

(By way of a disclaimer, I work for "Europe" as personified in that article)

kim