auDA Policy Reviews

From: Michael Purse <pursey§gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 02:27:06 +1000
I'd like to point out that auDA has not performed policy reviews in
line with the timelines contained in the policies themselves. I'm
pointing this out because some of them, I'd like to see reviewed so I
can put forward submissions on them, as I feel they need to be
changed. And I'm pretty certain other people will want to do the same.

The policies in question I am referring to:

* WHOIS Policy (2003-08)
" 6.1 auDA will closely monitor the use of the WHOIS service, and hold
a public review of this policy 12 months after implementation."
(Currently overdue by 10 months)

* Transfers (Change of Registrar of Record) Policy (2003-03)
" 9.1 auDA is mindful that this policy has a direct impact on the
competitiveness and efficiency of the domain name industry in
Australia. auDA will hold a public review of this policy 6 months
after implementation, to ensure that it is meeting its stated
objectives."
(Currently overdue by 1 year and 8 months)

I'd like to see these two policies put up for review and have the
community called on for submissions immediately. I'd also like to see,
considering the very recent conversation on the WHOIS Policy and
Registrant Details, that the Registrant Contact Information Policy
(2002-14), which hasn't been reviewed for over three years, be
reviewed at the same time as the WHOIS Policy.

Regards,

Michael Purse