Re: [DNS] Re: Whois & Spam

From: Michael Purse <pursey§gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 09:51:21 +1000
> Having a limit of 20 queries per hour is a crock of
> s***. Being in the business of "the Internet" you must
> realise that there are such things as proxies. You can
> find a list of a 1000 proxies every day.
> For those who can't add up 1000 x 20 = 20,000 queries
> per hour.

While I support this entirely, it comes across that you're saying
AusRegistry is responsible for the problem, which whilst they do
debate the fact that there's a problem at all, it isn't AusRegistry's
fault that the policy is how it is :)

Type up an email to the Policy Manager at auDA and address your
concerns. Type up another when the policy is reviewed and submissions
are called for. If you're concerned with the system as others
certainly are, do something about it.

I'll be doing the same.

Regards,

Michael Purse