Re: [DNS] Re: Whois & Spam

From: Bill Rogers <ansearchwatch§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 06:37:31 +0100 (BST)
--- Damian London wrote:

> 1. Funny how I hadn't received any spam (up to a
> certain point of this year)
> and you have considering I most likely have
> registered more names than
> you...?

And deregisered quite a few I notice.

> 2.  Before March 2001 (Think it was March 2001), you
> could download every
> domain name registered and every persons details who
> registered a domain
> name ... phone numbers, email addresses domain
> names, postal addresses etc.
> etc.
>
> Think todays systems are a little better ...

In fact it was only yesterday that ausregistry patched
the ability to download all the email addresses
contained in their database and it was probably 2003
when they patched the ability to download all of the
domain name records.

> 3. As per 1, wonder if anyone else out there has the
> same issues as
> yourself? They probably contacted Ausregistry
> directly ...I'd assume..

I'm just anti-establishment ;)

You are right I will now unsubscribe from the list as
my input is obviously worthless and the issues I bring
up are of no interest to the members of this list.
Perhaps someone else would like to start a new thread.
I must focus my attention somewhere else.

Bye