[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Dave <frm125§gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 13:40:31 +1000

> At first glance, a pile of newly created off the shelf companies might
> be a slight advantage:

This makes a farce of the whole "random ballot" process and the one
application per domain/entity rule. Yes, technically each company is a
separate entity but it is blatantly obvious that these companies are all
related and were created for the sole purpose of the ballot. Looks like
whoever has the deepest pockets wins.

Regardless, I'm no math genius but I would assume that to have a 1 in 4
chance of winning you would need to have an average of 25% of the
applications for each domain. This makes the fact that all 5 domains were
won by only two of the companies (AUSSIE DESTINATIONS (1) PTY LTD and AUSSIE
DESTINATIONS (2) PTY LTD) even more interesting.