[DNS] Australia's luckiest man?

From: Dave <frm125§gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2005 12:14:57 +1000

> Unless there is some evidence to support otherwise, I would say that
> except in very niche cases, the argument that having generic names is
> somehow better is well and truly overblown.

There's much more to a domains value than its intrinsic dollar value.

If you search Google for "Byron Bay" are you more likely to click on
byronbay.com.au <http://byronbay.com.au> or
bobsmithtravel.com.au<http://bobsmithtravel.com.au>?

Do you think bobsmithtravel.com.au <http://bobsmithtravel.com.au> gets any
type-in traffic from anybody looking for information about Byron Bay ?

If you're telling somebody about a great site about Byron Bay, do you think
you're likely to remember the domain if it's
byronbay.com.au<http://byronbay.com.au>

etc etc ...

Regardless, this is beside the point.