[DNS] Time for the rules tochangeregardingtransferring domainname licences

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 12:43:38 +1000

Where is the public good in opening up the .au namespace so that Registrars
can sell more domains in it?  For those serious about having a place in the
namespace there is plenty of opportunity for them to do so.  As it is, the
namespace has some real meaning without being cluttered up like the global
ones where the actual TLD doesn't relate to the content exposed at the URI
relating to them.

There may need to be more marketing done to sell the namespace but to my mind,
having a less cluttered namespace adds value to it.  Knowing there are actual
businesses involved in the .com.au namespace is better IMHO than having it
free for all and hostnames in the namespace that don't relate to the TLD or
ccTLD.

Bigger isn't always better.  Can you demonstrate to me how having more
hostnames in the namespace would be better?

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch