[DNS] Time for the rules to change regardingtransferring domainname licences

From: Jason Backshall <jbackshall§staff.iinet.net.au>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 11:16:51 +0800
>because they dont serve the community or industry at all. since you are
>not on the front lines you obviously dont get to deal with the endless
>excpetions and iritation that arbitrary and pointless rules inflict on
>the public. maybe youd like to man my phones when we get an irate
>customer? you will quickly change your mind about how well these rules
>are working.

No, thankyou I'll be fine. Several years of manning phones is enough for
anyone :)

We're an ISP - naturally, we have customers coming to us for advice on
hosting and funnily enough.. domains. Our registrar subsidiary, Connect
West, deals with customers on a day-to-day basis to provide them with
the best solution for their needs. Sure, you'll get the occasional irate
customer who doesn't understand the process, however by working through
the process you can turn a problem into a solution.

If you're having so many issues with irritated customers, then I'd
suggest that you're doing something wrong. The system has worked
near-flawlessly for many years and you'll generally find those wanting
the system 'unlocked' are those wanting to make a quick buck.

J.