[DNS] An alternative for transfers

From: Dassa <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 21:18:57 +1000
Perhaps the solution would be to propose an alternative to having open slather
markets.

When the policies are reviewed some thought could be given to the following:

Relaxing the transfer rules to allow for easier transfers between parties but
putting a cap on any price involved in the transfer to the current market
price for registering a new domain plus a reasonable fee for any third party
involved with assisting with the transfer and overseeing it to ensure the
receiving party is an Australian entity.

I'm afraid I'm unconvinced allowing anyone in the world to register .au names
would be of any benefit.  I can see some benefits in allowing for easier
transfers between Australian entities.  Allowing an open secondary market is
up for debate but personally I'd rather not see it happen at present.  My view
may change if I see good reasons for allowing it, I haven't as yet.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch

PS...although I am not a large holder or player in the .au namespace I have
years of experience within the international DNS scene at a number of levels.