[DNS] Changes to policy

From: Kirk Fletcher <kirk§enetica.com.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 14:43:21 +1000

> >> transportable which could be used offset the price of a fixed
> >> registration (provides a bebefit to the general public)
> >
> > Don't see the benefit in that myself...
>
> Somebody earlier in the thread was asking what the benefit to the 'public'
> would be ... this could be an example. (a transfer fee could provide the
> same benefit)

I understand that... and I'm glad people are starting to look at
possible benefits rather than simply declaring there aren't any...
I just don't see this as a particularly huge benefit - given that it
adds quite a bit of complexity (eg, what happens when people
want to switch from one type to another?)

Simplicity is best, IMO...

Regards,
Kirk Fletcher