[DNS] Timeforthe rulestochangeregardingtransferringdomainnamelicences

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:33:58 +0930
> If I were a cybersquatter, why would a 1-month, 6-month or
> any-other-month delay deter me in any way?  Hell, a $20 000
> return on a $50 investment is damn good money, even if I wait
> 10 years!

I have a domain: terrorism.com.au
I register a business name 'aussie anti terror'
I transfer terrorism.com.au to 'aussie anti terror' as it is a new
'division' of my primary business
I sell my business 'aussie anti terror' and its associated domain name
'terrorism.com.au'

Cost me a cuppla faxes and a hundred odd dollars, to my knowledge no wrong
doing on my behalf.

The point is there will always be wroughts to any system, I think the trick
is to put some simple hurdles in place that make it harder for the average
numskull to become involved. With fewer wroughts policing becomes and easier
task.

A six month freeze on transfer and a $50 fee would turn off the bulk of the
scammers, why bother with .au when they can speculate in the .com domains
cheaper and without fear of losing their money?

Regards, Tony