[DNS] local lunacy Re: open challenge

From: Darryl <dassa§dhs.org>
Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 02:55:58 +1000

Most of the domains I have are registered in the gTLD space, they are
registered for business reasons and the majority of my business is with
international clients.  I do have some domains under .au however.  I also
bring far more money back into Australia than I send overseas.  If may
business was with more than the part of a percentage point of Australians that
it is now I would certainly use a .au domain name to enhance the prospects for
marketing here.

|> even this mailling list is &#167;dotau.org why is not under .au?
|> how ironic is that?????

There are many reasons why this may be the case, I'd suspect it is mostly
historical and no one has seen any justification for making a change.

|> where is the brand value at work? nowhere because it doesnt
|> bloody exist!!!!

It is working as it is supposed to, as and when appropriate.

|> its burried under a ton of bureaucratic dung.

Mmm...I know where I see the most dung being flung from.

Darryl (Dassa) Lynch