[DNS] *.com.au & *.au.com.au

From: Kirk Fletcher <kirk§enetica.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 17:36:46 +1000
Chris Wright wrote:
>  Not allowing domain names to be registered because of a failure
> of a certain company to implement their DNS resolver appropriately
> (or at least with easy to use options to make it behave rationally) is
> not the way to address the issue.

I agree with the above statement, and don't consider it appropriate
to restrict availability of certain domains for this purpose...  I'm
interested in the following statement though:

> In the mean time, I am aware that auDA are actually in contact with
> the registrant of the two mentioned domains and are going to make it
> clear to them that the wildcard records are to be removed and that
> continuing to use the domain in the way that it is currently being used
> would result in the registration being revoked.

I can't seem to get to the site now, and so can't see what's there,
but are you saying that the claim to the domain was incorrect, or
is auda just against wildcard entries?

If the latter, under what policy can they possibly consider it
appropriate for wildcards to be removed?  Is there now a
restriction in place on what sub-domains a registrarnt can use?

Cheers,
Kirk