[DNS] 2 letter domain registrations

From: Kim Davies <kim§cynosure.com.au>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2006 15:23:23 +0000
Just some further information on this topic.

This week the registry of .name is doing a consultation with ccTLDs
on whether to allow registration of [2-letter].name, and I read with
interest this particular note from the Germany TLD Registry:

    "From time to time we do some statistical analysis of our nameserver
    logs and the evaluations shows that the problem is still widespread.
    Recent analysis have shown that we receive approximately 14,000
    queries/minute for "existing tlds".de which shows that the problem
    still exists."

kim