[DNS] the future of .info.au and .conf.au 2lds?

From: Lea de Groot <dotau.org§elysiansystems.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 10:00:28 +1000
Hi guys,

I was just reading on zdnet
http://www.zdnet.com.au/news/software/soa/Linux_conference_domain_faces_uncertain_future/0,2000061733,39266489,00.htm

(err, http://tinyurl.com/pnuot )
that the future of .info.au and .conf.au domains are in doubt as they
are not used much.
Could someone explain to me how there can be complaints that they aren't
used much when they are not currently open for registration?
Confused here!

(FTR - I'd love to be able to get info.au 2ld names; much more
appropriate for a lot of the work I do - but they are not available!)

Lea
~ who figures, really, she should keep her mouth shut, or a new body to
manage them will be created, given a million dollars funding and then
charge me $500 a pop for something that has an original cost of $0...
--
Lea de Groot
Elysian Systems