[DNS] Licence Period

From: David Jones <dj_david_jones§yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 04:13:24 +0100 (BST)
After seing Enetica's new monetisation product and
Connect West's recent failure to abide by policy I am
now concerned about protecting the time, effort and
money spent in developing my piece of the au
namespace.

And how imo is the easiest and cheapest way to do
this? Register my domain for a 10 year period.

Enetica is now monitoring dropped names (though I
presume these are only those registered through
enetica) and providing valuations, albeit google page
rankings, on existing domains. So if I create a
successful site and somehow forget to renew my domain
then I am stuffed. It will be gone and never
recoverable.

So bring on extended licence periods auDA. You have
ruled in favour of monetisation so perhaps you can
give us registrants some protection.

DJ

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html