[DNS] Licence Period

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 02:03:36 +0930
> look at it this way, by not allowing tasting you are forcing monetisers
> to sit on names far longer then need be.

I maybe wrong, but only Registrars are able to 'taste' effectively?

Tasting ties up millions of domain names in the US currently, which makes it
hard for people who want to create 'content' sites to find a decent name.

If the internet were all ads, then it wouldn't be the resource most people
want it to be. AUDA should simply take a poll to the people .. 'do you want
to see more ad pages on the internet?' ... if the outcome is a 'yes' then
support monetising and tasting.

Cheers Tony