[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: Tony Owen <tony§seol.net.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 13:22:15 +0930
> from memory 30% of people that responded to the
> auda survey wanted to register directly in .au.
>
> that is called a demand.  auda has a clear charter to address that demand.

100% of people I interviewed today named me as the next preferred Prime
Minister. This clearly shows demand for my services. Unfortunately my
children have a vested interest in answering 'yes' to my survey.

I doubt that your 'demand' is based on a representative sample of those that
AUDA do represent.

I suggest some light reading on the history of the Gallup Poll .

<snip>

Gallup sent out hundreds of interviewers across the country, each of whom
was given quotas for different types of respondents; so many middle-class
urban women, so many lower-class rural men, and so on. Gallup's team
conducted some 3,000 interviews, but nowhere near the 10 million polled that
year by the Digest.

</snip>

Cheers Tony