[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: Vic Cinc <vicc§cia.com.au>
Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 17:07:34 +1000
Ian Smith [smithi&#167;nimnet.asn.au] wrote:
> Providing a market to satisfy a need - the market we already have - is
> quite different to inventing new 'needs' toward generating new markets.

If I or any other registrar could invent "new" needs, we wouldnt be wasting our
time here talking to people like you now would we. attempts at trying to push a need like
the id.au debacle, shows clearly you cant invent a "need".

>  > there is no right nor mandate
>  > that any form of majority is required to open .au or that any form of
>  > majority can suppress of thwart any demand for direct .au registrations.
>
> I'd commend you to Melbourne IT's submission, in this regard at least.

I am discussion with MIT on their position.  its hardly set in stone.

you can be in denial as much as you like, doesnt change the fact that
there is a demand for direct .au  registration and that auda and the
policy panel has a clear mandate to address that demand. the mechanics are a
seperate issue and in no way a reason to thwart or supress that demand.

Vic