[DNS] domain name news - 11 June

From: Ian Smith <smithi§nimnet.asn.au>
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:03:22 +1000 (EST)
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007, David Goldstein wrote:

 > You May Be Thinking ".COM" - But This Could Be More ?.FUN?? (news release)
 > With over 70 million mostly forgettable ?.COMs? already registered,
 > there's very little left to interest individuals or businesses. A
 > complete lack of choice has led to speculation on some interesting
 > alternatives. Brand New Top Level Domain Names have recently been
 > released and they're now available free, to anyone who wants them,
 > from a company called dotWORLDS.
 > http://transworldnews.com/NewsStory.aspx?storyid=17318&ret=Default.aspx
 > http://www.pr-inside.com/you-may-be-thinking-com-r149206.htm

David, I do wish you would list these sort of fraudulent press releases
under "INTERNET SCAMS" or similar.  Of course most of the people reading
this list or your news online are savvy enough to know that yankya.chain
or ima.fscking.idiot are not real domains but are only accessible to
those subscribing to this mob's 'service' and who have had to install
their plugin to bypass the real DNS, but listing it among more genuine
stories might tend to fool some.  Of course, stories exposing this sort
of scam for what it is would be more than welcome.

  http://www.dotworlds.net/src/faq.php?P=faq

Cheers, Ian