[DNS] Australia registers more .au than .com domains

From: Lea de Groot <dotau.org§elysiansystems.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2007 18:11:38 +1000
This sounds extremely sensible, but, continuing the bank.au example, I
would add that banks (ie those eligible for a bank.au 2ld) would no
longer be eligible for com.au domains (except for grandfathering)

(Someone asked for more detail on the 4ld controversy on qld.edu.au -
it was over 12 months ago that I read about it and I was unable to find
any details, but in hunting around I did find this
http://blogs.educationau.edu.au/domainname/wp-content/uploads/2007/01/consultation-package-with-background-2.doc
(Word document download) which seems to indicate that the 4LDs are not
only fine, but mandated. Bit of a turnaround)

Lea