[DNS] registry timeout on transfer status?

From: Anand Kumria <wildfire§progsoc.uts.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2008 14:12:04 +0000
Hi,

I'm in the process of transferring a domain from netregistry to domaincentral.

A failure occurred today, domaincentral list the problem as:

"3646289        Service Creation Failed: Domain transfer is not completed.
Time out for getting transfer status from the new Registrar is
exceeded."

What does this actually mean? Is the problem that netregistry system
did not respond in time? From my (limited) understanding, the actual
data was held with ausregistry and whoever I choose to use to
update/maintain (netregistry/domaincentral/etc.) simply update that
database.

Does ausregistry have a performance / capacity issue? Or is it one of
the registrars? Or is something else going on?

Thanks,
Anand