[DNS] domain name news - 10 December

From: Graham Miller <graham901>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 10:53:10 +1000
Hi David,
On 10/12/2012 1:11 PM, David Goldstein wrote:
> Just a short note. It's been brought to my attention that some of the links are broken in the news I send out. And from digging around online I believe sending the news in html format will solve the problem. But I know there are some people who don't like html. It's been raised before on the DNS list many years ago.

I cannot recall ever having a broken link. But then I don't click them all.

> So feel free to give me feedback on this, especially if you don't like it, with a way around it! Also, I will be sending out a short email with a list of questions shortly that will give you the opportunity to comment on the good, the bad and the ugly for the news which, hopefully, will allow me to improve things.

It would have been good to know why they are broken. If its to do with
the line length and some programs wrapping the links, then that would
not be a good reason to subject the rest of us to html emails.

I cannot suggest a solutions, but have a question or two. When broken,
can the links be copy/pasted back together?

Is the broken link issue to do with character sets being translated
incorrectly?

Anyway, I appreciate your news update and hope you find a good answer.
Let us know more info if you want more feedback.

Cheers, Graham