[DNS] Catch-up time for .au

From: Doug Robb <doug>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 23:55:16 +0800
Err this is madness!

>From the article:

?In the small proportion of instances where there could be competition ? e.g. where one person holds example.co.uk and another holds example.org.uk ? the shorter domain will be offered to the .co.uk registrant.?

So the domain space is collapsed by a mass migration of .co.uk to .uk for what purpose? What utter confusion for the .org?s and the like. Perhaps the .co is meaningless in people?s minds ? a mistake of the past. We should be so lucky to be .com.au and get the best of both worlds ? a recognized brand and a regional separation with the potential for further discrimination between logical groups.

Leave me out of destroying this in favor of a once off land grab by existing .com owners or companies with deep pockets ?..

Doug