[DNS] Catch-up time for .au

From: David Goldstein <david>
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 21:11:30 +1100
Doug, all I can say is you have no idea. Have a look at ccTLDs around the world that have changed their policies to go from third to second level registrations. The sky doesn?t fall in. And they flourish.

Further, ?a recent Nominet survey of UK business decision makers found that 72% thought direct ?example.uk? registrations should be an option, while only 2% thought they shouldn?t.?

Any transition needs to be thought through and consultation is essential. But those opposing second level registrations should back up why it shouldn?t happen in .au with evidence. Because that doesn?t happen now.

The evidence of ccTLDs that do open up second level registrations, or who offer both second and third, is registrants overwhelmingly want second level registrations.

David