[DNS] Last Call for .au

From: Kim Davies <kim>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2017 16:11:17 +0000
Folks,

Last time I floated whether this mailing list had outlived its
usefulness (http://dotau.org/archive/2014-03/0007.html) the responses
were pretty evenly split both publicly and privately between keeping
it active or retiring it.

One comment that illustrated what a few people thought about why it
should continue was:

> We're silent now because, I'd assume, there's not too much beef with
> the job AuDA is performing. If this were ever to change, would AuDA
> tollerate criticism?

Flash forward to now. Whatever you feel about it, it seems auDA is in
the middle of one of its biggest governance challenges. There is a heavy
and active debate about the direction auDA is heading in, members have
called a special general meeting to be held next week, and in the last
few hours the chairman of auDA resigned.

If ever there was a reason for this mailing list to provide a forum it
would be for issues such as these, but it has not seen any word.

For this reason, unless there is new activity in the near future (and
there are still hundreds of subscribers), my plan is to quietly sunset
the list in the next few months. The mailing list archives will be kept
online indefinitely.

kim