Re: DNS: An answer to this from Melbourne IT?

From: Nick Andrew <nick§zeta.org.au>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 1996 13:00:14 +1100 (EST)
Forwarding a message from Simon Hackett:
> I would appreciate an answer to the following suggestion of mine (and
> subsequent words of support from Boz Cappie as below). I think it is the
> fairest way to address the renewal situation - fairest for all concerned. I
> have discussed this with others who also agree that the logical thing to do
> with existing com.au registrations is to simply leave them alone until (any)
> defined event which causes them to be re-registered, but to otherwise take
> no action to change (or remove) existing com.au names prior to any
> re-registration of same.

I agree. If the owner of the domain fronts up and causes you to do some
work, charge the re-registration fee. If not, leave the domain alone. I
don't see forcing all existing re-registrations to be completed by 1st
of February to be consistent with the concept of a second .com.au DNA,
which might or might not be operational by 1st February, with which the
domain owner may choose to register.

Nick.
--
Kralizec Dialup Internet System         Data: +61-2-9837-1183, 9837-1868
Zeta Microcomputer Software             Fax: +61-2-9837-3753 Voice: 9837-1397