DNS: Re: INET: Proposed BIZ.AU Registry

From: Rev Simon Rumble <simon§rumble.waratah.id.au>
Date: Tue, 3 Dec 1996 16:42:11 +1000
My main problem with this proposal is a reasoning behind it.  How is
.biz.au different from .com.au?  .com denotes the domain is a commercial
one.  .biz denotes it is a business?  In what way is this any different
from .com.au?  Why not just have Internode and IInet competing with
Melbourne IT in the .com.au space? (their delegation is non-exclusive)

Perhaps we should, if we are going to use Australian commercial law as the
basis for naming of third level domains, also use it for the naming of the
second level domains.  In other words, .corp .pty etc

This also fits the current names: .asn .org

---
 ___           simon&#167;rumble.waratah.id.au
|___            Associate Editor, Online World
 ___| H E R M    http://www.onlineworld.net.au