Re: [Oz-ISP] Re: DNS: Re: [Fwd: Domain Name Policies: Next meeting of the DNS Forum]

From: Dougal Holmes/NTH/North/AU <Dougal.Holmes§north.com.au>
Date: Mon Dec 30 11:17:24 1996

>> I see how Melbourne-IT will be avoiding bounced email from non-deliverable
>> email.
>>
>> XAA26934: XAA26935: return to sender:
>>  Host unknown (Name server: melbouneit.com.au: host not found)
>>               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>I now see the error, and wish to apologise for this oversight, certainly
>it was not intended that we should send out email with an incorrect
>address.
>
>I have temporarily added 2 MX records to the com.au zone file which will
>ensure that mail send to melbouneit.com.au DOES get through to us.

A couple of questions:

1. How long is temporary ?
2. When I make a typo in my sendmail, can I have a temporary MX record
 (at next to no notice) for  NTH.COM.AU ?

It's nice to see that there is one rule for the DNA and another for the rest of
us.

Dougal Holmes
Group Information Technology Manager
North Limited

Email: Dougal.Holmes&#167;north.com.au

Disclaimer: These are my thoughts, and not necessarly those of my employer