DNS: global Top Level Domains - final report

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 1997 11:59:25 +1100
>SEVEN NEW TOP LEVEL DOMAIN NAMES ARE ADDED FOR
>INTERNET ADDRESSES AND UP TO 28 NEW REGISTRARS PLANNED

For anyone interested in the full report - and as we have slaved from
some weeks generating it, it is well worth a read imho, you can grab
a copy at http://www.iahc.org/draft-iahc-recommend-00.html

I believe that the issues of shared Domain Administration via
a model of market competition in the registrar function
is one which is potentially relevant to .au domains hence the
pointer to the document in this message.

I would also advise a close read of the policy oversight structures,
as there has been strenuous effort by the IAHC to separate operational
management and oversight from policy oversight, attempting to
keep the two groups somewhat distinct.

regards

  Geoff Huston

 (speaking personally, and not on behalf of the IAHC)

--
Geoff Huston                   gih&#167;telstra.net
Network Technical Manager      +61 6 208 1908