Re: DNS: P Montgomery Report in CW

From: Gary Oliver <gary.oliver§ooo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 15:02:25 +1000
Paul

With respect to your budget reference, I think that dumbing down won't help
people either (a) develop accurate budgets (b) assist manage the scarce
resources is a goal of those budgets. There are 2 reasons for this (1)
unfamiliar expressions *do* become commonplace so careful explanation at
the outset repays the effort (2) loose expressions encourage people to
develop their own definitions and expectations. It seems to me that as a
member of ISOC-AU I should not stand back and let other people decide the
level of precision for an audience ; I have less respect for the editor
after your comments.

Warm regards
Gary