DNS: DNS proposal

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 13:42:58 +1030 (CST)
I have been reading through the documents on the INTIAA web site regarding
the 4th April Meeting.

What or who are the ACA ?
Do they have a web site ?
Do they have a set of policies anywhere ?

The only reference I seem to be able to find is the Australian Consumer
Association - it does seem seem to be a likely name for a hybrid Austel
and Spectrum Management Organisation.

LAST PARAGRAPH :

     * Seek declaration by the ACA as the manager of electronic
       addressing for Internet communications services Under legislation
       to take effect from July 1997, the ACA (the body allocated
       regulatory management of the telecommunications industry post
       deregulation, to be made up of Austel and the Spectrum Management
       Authority) has the power to appoint an organisation as manager of
       electronic addressing for Internet communications services. Such
       an appointment would confer upon the organisation governmental
       authority.

TA

Stephen Baxter