Re: DNS: DNS proposal

From: Luke Carruthers <luke§magna.com.au>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 1997 14:59:51 +1000 (EST)
> I have been reading through the documents on the INTIAA web site regarding
> the 4th April Meeting.
>
> What or who are the ACA ?
> Do they have a web site ?
> Do they have a set of policies anywhere ?

The ACA (Australian Communications Authority?) is the body to be created
by virtue of the telecommunications deregulation legislation, by combining
Austel and the Spectrum Management Authority, to oversee policing of
the telecommunications industry subsequent to the July deregulation.  It
is the body to which responsibility for electronic addressing, including
domain names, is assigned.  Until they are officially launched, the
best reference you will find to them is in the proposed legislation.
An exact URL was posted here recently I believe, but a good place to
start would be DOCA's Web site (www.dca.gov.au).

Luke Carruthers
Magna Data
Internet Solutions Provider