Re: DNS: ADNA related meeting this Friday 4th - "is this haste unseemly"?

From: Craig Bishop <csb§connect.com.au>
Date: Wed, 02 Apr 1997 17:31:18 +1000
Simon Hackett wrote:

> First, let me note that the following comments are made entirely as an
> individual, not as a representative of anyone else.

Same here.

> As I sit here, having paid for my airline tickets to Sydney to attend the
> "DNS Forum" meeting, I find myself seriously wondering what the outcome of
> the day can look like.
>
> I find myself wondering this because the existence of a body such as is
> intended in the draft proposals for the ADNA is, surely, critically
> dependent on both perceived, and actual, support from the community of
> interest related to it.

I also have a ticket but am wondering the value of attending (at this
time).

Connect manages the 2LD of net.au and I was intending to attend and
represent the interests of Connect and the people we service via the
net.au domain.

Can the forum achieve very much while crippled by the current court
action?

I would much rather put off attending a meeting on this until a
resolution can be reached, and I do not believe one can be reached
until all the parties can participate.

Cheers, Craig
Concerned (and too busy to waste time)

--