Re: DNS: First details of DNS Forum meeting

From: Paul Montgomery <monty§apnpc.com.au>
Date: Sat, 05 Apr 1997 11:28:54 +1000
mark.hughes&#167;ccamatil.com wrote:
> Paul wrote:
> >ADNA will be legally created in the next couple of weeks, and will
> >have its first AGM on May 16, at a venue to be announced. There may
> >be video conferencing involved, but unless someone gets altruistic
> >the price tag of around $5000 is prohibitive.
>
> My understanding of this point was a bit different.  I understood
> the process from here to be:
>
> * The existing draft ADNA Memorandum of Association and Articles of
> Association would be updated to reflect changes agreed at today's
> meeting.
> * Those revised documents would be made available on the web next
> week for comment.
> * There would then be an opportunity to discuss further via the list
> server and other methods the content of the documents over the next
> few weeks.
> * Changes & comments based on input over that period could then be
> made.
> * The meeting on 16 May would be in two parts:
> Firstly, to finalise / vote on any further changes to the documents.
> Secondly, after that, having finalised the Memorandum of Association
> and Articles of Association, to hold the inaugural general meeting
> of ADNA subject to those amended and approved documents.
>
> Only at that point, based on revised documents approved at the next
> meeting, would ADNA legally come into being.
>
> Regards, Mark
>
>  * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
> *  Message From : HUGHES, MARK          *
> *  Location     : AUSTRALIA-CCA HDQ     *
> *  KOMAIL ID    : N17503  (CCAMCQN1)    *
> *  Date and Time: 04/04/97  18:53:20    *

Yes thank you Mark, that is what you might call "second details" :-)

I did not want to give the impression that ADNA was a done deal.
Democratic process was strongly argued for at the meeting. Pauline van
Winsen of ISOC-AU (and many other hats) expressed concern that the
articles and memorandum had not been circulated earlier. Luke Carruthers
gave those details listed by Mark above.

Paul Montgomery, Internet Journalist for Computer Week - APN Computing
E: monty&#167;apnpc.com.au    Ph: +61 2 9936 8793    Fax: +61 2 9955 8871