Re: DNS: Points for disscussion at the meeting 16\05\97

From: Skeeve Stevens <skeeve§skeeve.net>
Date: Wed, 14 May 1997 00:35:41 +1000 (EST)
You, Greg Slapp, shaped the electrons to say:
+
+Nick Andrew wrote:
+
+The comments raised by whippet are quite valid and I think that you
+have been uneccessarily rude to him/her.

I didnt think whippets message even warrented a response... but since youve
started.. ill happily join in.

I agree with nick.. but ill be a little more direct in my opinions.

GET A CLUE WHIPPET.

You lost out.. First come first serve.. tough luck.

You only had a business name registered in victoria... i can go register
weddings.net as a business name in NSW. You want to cover it nationally, spend
the $1000 and register a shelf company... if not.. shut up about it.

+Your superficial response highlights the overwhelming pre-occupation
+with the technical aspects of domain name delegation without
+consideration of legal or commercial perspectives.

legal? there are none... commercial? someone else had the same idea.. oh my.

+Whippet's problem should be a discussion point for the DNS forum,
+since it highlights the lack of control or guidance being offered to
+those taking the commercial perogative of registering a virtual trading
+name.

Its not worth the time we are discussing it here.

+I don't really care whether whippet has applied for .net.au, .com.au,

nor do i care.

+National Marketing Co-Ordinator
+Australasian Web Publishers Association
+http://www.awpa.asn.au/

ahh i heard about these guys... lame.

| Skeeve Stevens - MyInternet    personal.url: http://www.skeeve.net/ |
| email://skeeve&#167;skeeve.net/     work.url: http://www.myinternet.net/ |
| phone://612.9869.3334/         mobile://0414.SKEEVE/      [753-383] |
|              No kids, no chat room, no smiley faces.                |
| - This email is (c) 1997 by Skeeve Stevens - All rights reserved -  |