Re: DNS: Revised selection criteria for new DNAs/2LDs

From: Leni Mayo <leni§ais.com.au>
Date: Sun, 25 May 1997 13:36:52 +1000
In striking a balance, it might be better to err on the side of
caution.  If the up-front criteria are too strict, no-one will pass
muster, but IMHO that's not likely.  More likely, the criteria will be
too weak, increasing the risk of instability with DNA's coming and going
willy-nilly.

Also, it seems to me that ADNA won't be a good policeman.  Setting aside
the structural concerns, it doesn't have a staff, budget, inclination or
experience for the task.  As with the conflict-of-interest issue,
pushing some issues down into a code-of-practice is really closing the
door after the horse has bolted.

leni.