Re: DNS: ADNA's first decisions - Minuted

From: Geoff Huston <gih§telstra.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Jun 1997 11:09:54 +0000
Michael,

At 08:23 AM 6/27/97 +0800, Michael Malone wrote:
>My understanding was that when Geoff Huston was invited, it was
>also intended that the fee be waived.  I can't see any real benefit
>in charging a large fee to someone who isn't getting any money
>from the job (we've already paid through our own time!)

I never recall being invited!

Although for the record my response would have been:

"I would prefer to see ADNA concentrate solely on the issues
of management of com.au. If that is the case, and ADNA is happy
with this pro tem, I will work with ADNA to make the AUNIC system
support the evolution of com.au in whatever direction is undertaken
by ADNA. I see fragmentation of the AUNIC registry into multiple
registeries and multiple unsynchronised user records describing a
single user remarkably unhelpful to all.

"In that capacity I do not see that I require any formal involvement in the
ADNA board, so that my offer of assistance regarding AUNIC is
one which is based on operational considerations to make the registry
and associated functions work correctly and smoothly for all.

"I am, as I said happy to work to make AUNIC work for all players here,
but I see only clear community consensus that ADNA works on the com.au
space management issues pro tem and in the light of such observation
my initial caveat applies to my involvement here."

ok?

thanks,

   Geoff