Re: DNS: Repeat - Want some clarification...

From: Stephen Baxter <steve§senet.com.au>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 1997 10:50:05 +0930 (CST)
> 	I can't be the only one who sees lots of long and some quite well
> written messages about ADNA, ISOC, .COM.AU, AU, DNAs, 2LDs etc but stil
> don't see clearly what the specific problems are.
>
> 	Could someone PLEASE answer the following for me:
>
> 	What are the current problems with DNA in Australia right now?
> 	(A succint answer please)

Lack of competition in the main commercial domain.
Lack of an alternative for companies that do not strictly fit the .com.au
policy or who have had 'their' name taken by a compnay with a similar
name.

> 	Do the current volunteer DNAs for the other 2LDs feel they can't
> 	continue to provide quality service for their 2LD? ie, do they want
> 	out of the job?
>
> 	Does the current DNA for .AU feel he can't provide the service as
> 	a volunteer anymore? ie does he want out of the job?
>
> 	Who are the current DNAs answerable to?

I assume the .au DNA who is Robert Elz.

> 	Who will ADNA be answerable to?

Its members.

> 	How will ADNA fix the problems that exist right now?

ADNA is formulating a policy for approving new DNAs, receiving
applications for new 2LDs, attemtping to coordinate a software approach to
the problem of multiple DNAs.

> 	How do other countries manage the TLD and 2LDs?

Stephen Baxter                            SE Network Access
SE Network Access                         http://www.senet.com.au
Direct Internet Access                    222 Grote Street
phone : +61 8 8221 5221                   Adelaide 5000
fax   : +61 8 8221 5220

<http://www.senet.com.au/~steve/pgp.html for Public Key>