Re: DNS: ADNA's first decisions - Minuted

From: Larry Singer <larry§wright.com.au>
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 1997 13:39:33 +1000
>Perhaps one of the criteria for another 2LD should be it shouldn't
>add to the stability problem.  In that case .tm.au looks like one of
>the more viable options - if we were to build in the rule that the
>domain name always goes with the trademark owner.

I vaguelly remember reading recently that there were a number of different
trade mark categories. For instance Acme could be a computer trade mark and
a clothing trademark. Does anyone know if this is the case in Australia? If
there was only one .tm.au domain then wouldn't we still have the
first-come-first-served problem?

---
Panther (as in Pinkboard Panther) <panther&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larrys&#167;pinkboard.com.au>
Larry Singer <larry&#167;wright.com.au>
http://www.pinkboard.com.au/~panther/
Sending junk email to my addresses will result in rude messages.
"That kind of guy."