Re: DNS: Draft selection criteria for new DNAs and 2LDs

From: Chris Chaundy <chris§connect.com.au>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 1997 17:44:40 +1000
At 17:12 21/7/97, Nick Andrew wrote:
>Forwarding a message from Chris Chaundy:
>> I was fairly happy with how it stood taking into account Simon's comments,
>> except that with PGs additions, I think I would have a hard time getting
>> my boss to sign a P/O to obtain a domain in a particular 2LD from a
>>competitor
>> if we were in competition for the same 2LD (especially if we charged less!).
>
>It keeps you honest. Remember if your competitor is also an ISP, they have
>to do it that way too.

It also hog-ties you to a potentially poor-performing/expensive third party.
I would have thought that the other codes of contact and business plan stuff
should be enough to ensure honest dealing (if not, then they are what should
be examined, not by simply placing blanket restrictions).

--
Chris Chaundy (Network Manager)

connect.com.au pty ltd, Level 9, 114 Albert Rd, Sth Melbourne, VIC 3205, Aust.
Internet: chris&#167;connect.com.au   Phone: +61 3 9251-3671   Fax: +61 3 9251-3666