Re: DNS: Revised selection criteria for new DNAs/2LDs

From: Simon Hackett <simon§internode.com.au>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 1997 03:42:44 +0900

>Now we know how much Leni has in the bank! :-) I really don't know what to
>do about this 5 employee thing. I make it 5, everybody says 1, I make it 1,
>people say 5. Could people who care just express their opinion and I will
>go with the majority.

I suggest replacing it by a requirement for a declaration from the
applicant that they will devote sufficient resources to the task to perform
the required functions properly; Once you approve the DNA's, are you
planning to audit them, or just to kick their butt if you get complaints
about them? If the latter, then why not forget this stuff, register them up
if they will declare they're serious, and create a procedure for warning
and/or busting DNA's that cause complaints that aren't resolved.

---
Simon Hackett, Technical Director, Internode Systems Pty Ltd
31 York St [PO Box 284, Rundle Mall], Adelaide, SA 5000 Australia
Email: simon&#167;internode.com.au  Web: http://www.on.net
Phone: +61-8-8223-2999          Fax: +61-8-8223-1777