Re: DNS: Revised selection criteria for new DNAs/2LDs

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 24 Jul 1997 07:53:36 +0800
> Now we know how much Leni has in the bank! :-) I really don't know what to
> do about this 5 employee thing. I make it 5, everybody says 1, I make it 1,
> people say 5. Could people who care just express their opinion and I will
> go with the majority.

It comes down to the same as the argument about connectivity.
What's appropriate for one 2LD is not for another.  Surely
something like "demonstrate adequate staffing resources for the
proposed task" would be better?

> >> 6. The DNA should submit a business plan for the DNA sector of its
> >> business.
> >
> >Remove this.  Is it serving a purpose?
>
> I think so - I explained this elsewhere. Basically it is to give an
> indications that the DNA has thought through all the issues of being a DNA.

Then I'd suggest you address that directly.  A business plan
is a well defined document that, for the most part, is none of
ADNA's business.

Specifically, what issues do you want addressed in the "business plan"?
Better off that they address these issues.  Try and keep in mind
that you will not just be dealing with commercial registrants.

MM