Re: DNS: DNA Selection Criteria V3.1

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 1997 10:37:11 +0800
> 2.1 Licenses are valid for one year or part thereof, starting on 1
> July and ending on 30 June.  Melbourne IT currently has a license as
> a .com.au DNA that expires on 30 June 2001 and will thereafter be
> renewed on the same basis as other .com.au DNAs.

This would seem to imply that M-IT are not -bound- by the
Code of Practise or any other requirements of DNA's.
This may give a significant market advantage.

> ADNA may revoke the license to operate as a DNA in the .com.au
> domain for any of the following circumstances:

I'm not sure that this statement has any relevance to the
conditions that follow.  It seems more to be instances in
which a domain name would be revoked?

> 4.1 For breach of an applicant warranty (for example, for misleading
> or incorrect information on the application form).
> 4.2 Where a court of competent authority determines that the domain
> name should not be allocated to the applicant, or should be
> allocated to another party
> 4.3 Where the commercial entity which owns the domain name ceases to
> exist, or the licence to use the company or business (or other) name
> is revoked or lapses.
> 4.4 Where the commercial entity which owns the domain name changes
> its name; or where instructed by the current licensee of the domain
> name

Other than that, I think this is a more positive way to
approach an initial statement of Selection Criteria.

MM