Re: DNS: Melb-IT to be a g-MoU registry (in AFR)

From: Peter Gerrand <ceo§MelbourneIT.com.au>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 1997 15:29:27 +1000
At 14:07 28/08/97 +1000, George Michaelson wrote:
>Hardly suprising.
>
>Nice to see an Australian company taking on a global context.
>
>-George

Thanks George

Needless to say our application to become an international gTLD registrar
has yet to be accepted - in fact we only couriered off our application on
Tuesday. The AFR article was written (or subedited) to suggest a degree of
certainty about the outcome that causes me to touch wood while crossing all
fingers. I can only hope its prediction is proven correct.

I thank Geoff Huston for his efforts via ISOC and the IAHC to get a stable,
competitive framework in place for the international DNS; and I note that
Telstra was the first Australian company to sign the gTLD MOU.

Cheers
Peter Gerrand
Melbourne IT