Re: DNS: Minutes of 2nd ADNA Board Meeting

From: Kevin Dinn <kevin§zip.com.au>
Date: Mon, 01 Sep 1997 10:10:38 +1000
At 11:26 31/08/97 +0800, Michael Malone wrote:

>> Please find below for your information (also attached in RTF format), the
>> Minutes of the Second ADNA Board Meeting.
>
>These minutes are not a true and accurate representation
>of events occurring at the meeting on 18th August, which
>I did attend.  Peter Gerrand has been negliegent in his duty
>as secretary, by declined to accurately report those matters
>which he did not personally agree with himself.

FWIW I agree with Mike in that I thought that it was generally agreed
(although not put to a formal vote) that there be an additional category of
non-profit/charitable organisations.

However I don't agree with his assessment of Peter's motives, I think it's
just an oversight on his part. I also think Mike's reaction is
inappropriate - if we have issues like this we need to sort them out not
just give up. We also can't carry on with a situation where the secretary
reports the minutes of a meeting and the web master modifies them without
consultation before putting them on the web site.

Could people who were there relay their recollections of events on this
matter so that we can get it sorted out?

BTW - As far as I'm concerned the new category is for charities like
Barnardos, Freedom from hunger, etc rather than just non-profit
organisations like ADNA for example. Is this what you are talking about
Mike? I imagine defining the distinction between the two will be non-trivial.

Regards

--