Re: DNS: Relocation of APNIC

From: Pauline van Winsen - Uniq Professional Services <Pauline.van.Winsen§uniq.com.au>
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 1997 10:18:11 +1000 (EST)
> Lets have a little competition shall we?
>
>   The question is - Who has made 'a proposal for an AUNIC' referred to
>    in Sally's note.
>
>    Hint: not me, as I thought we had one already!

quite frankly all this fuss with names & nics is very tiresome.
i suggest everyone takes a few deep breaths to calm down.
why we don't use the standards which others have tirelessly developed
for our use is beyond me. this whole name problem could be easily solved
by correct implementation of RFC 2100.

i don't see why we need another AUNIC, though if one is deemed
necessary, then can we at least have some standard method of communication
between NIC's? i suggest implementors NIC's take a look at RFC 1149,
or probably more appropriately RFC 121[67]. if such communication
standards aren't adhered to i suspect the australian consumer will lose
out big time.

> Most inventive answer by Friday gets a slab

as long as it's a slab of chocolate. 8-)

& #include <smiley.h> for the humour impaired.

pauline

Pauline van Winsen                                   pauline&#167;uniq.com.au
Uniq Professional Services Pty Ltd                       www.uniq.com.au
PO Box 70, Paddington, NSW 2021,                      (Sydney) Australia
Phone: +61-2-9380-6360      Fax: +61-2-9380-6416      Pager: 016 287 000
"One important point often overlooked is that colours should be selected
so that they will not clash with your own personal colouring. After all,
you will be living in the house & each room must provide a suitable
background for you."
		Home decorating - Introduction, Woman's World, circa 1964.