Re: DNS: NET.AU

From: Ron Ipsen <ron§comu.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:37:41 +1000
At 15:51 27/01/98 +0800, you wrote:

>It seems that the people at connect.com.au have gone over
>the top with their addition of new restrictions on NET.AU.

While it is true that there has been some abuse of the system that has led
to the more restrictive practices, drawing the line is becoming an artform
that I for one am glad not to have to learn.

 The ones that annoy me are those that register an RBN specifically for a
domain name, "Well," they say, "its only an extra $90.."

 I have recently had a couple of applications knocked back by net.au for not
having an RBN or ACN. Its a bit hard when the applicants are Govt or
community bodies.

 Still I am sure that if sufficient explaination is tendered then they
should be allowable.

 I am finding that a lot of companies now are tending to ignore the .au
domains  and going straight to internic if they are having trouble.

 It sort of defeats the purpose IMHO.

 Ron