DNS: NET.AU

From: Michael Malone <mmalone§creole.iinet.net.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:51:39 +0800
It seems that the people at connect.com.au have gone over
the top with their addition of new restrictions on NET.AU.

Printlink Digital Copy Centre has been rejected for the
domain printlink.net.au, because "printlink" isn't their
full business name.  For some reason, "pdcc.net.au" is ok,
even though that's not their full business name either,
and they have no less claim to "pdcc" than they do to
"printlink".

This is quite insane.  Is connect.com.au deliberately trying
to decrease the registration of net.au domains?  Melbourne IT
must be laughing all the way to the bank.

MM